Re: [NTLK] eMate batteries

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 12:14:21 EST

Ron Uphoff <rauphoff_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> You might want to try charging the one you have for a few days
anyway. I
> have several eMates and two have given me the "this battery cannot
be
> charged" warning when they were ... (very discharged?). None the
less
> they are performing reasonably well after prolonged charging with a
9W
> Newton AC adapter.

Hey Ron, thanks for this tip. I have an eMate with a battery rated
Deep Toast(tm) that's been sitting around for a while. Tried charging
it as you suggested (all the while keeping an eye on things with
Newt's Battery).

The first two tries gave me the "This battery won't hold a charge"
message ... and on the third try I got the same message -- but when I
unplugged it, it didn't die immediately as it usually did. Waited 15
minutes and tried charging it again, and sure enough, it began to hold
a charge!

I plan on discharging it completely a few more times, and then having
my niece run through the eMate tour ... and from there, it's all hers.

Thanks again ....!

> Ron

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html