Re: [NTLK] eMate batteries

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_ruprecht.org)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 17:52:57 EST

I presume they are NiMH. if so, you can try this:

Put them in your freezer and leave them there for a day or two. Then take=
 them=20
out and let them warm up to room temperature (about 2 or 3 hours). This i=
s,=20
so the condensation doesn't drop into the E-Mate.
After that, try if it takes charge. I revived a PowerBook 1400 battery li=
ke=20
that. I know, it sounds stupid, and I didn't believe it either, before I=20
tried. But then, I though "What do I have to loose" - and afterwards the=20
battery was as good as new - 2 1/2 hours of charge!

Best regards,
Chris

On Friday 17 January 2003 17:35, Fisher, Patrick wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I'll give it a shot and charg them all this coming weekend.

--=20
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html