Re: [NTLK] Problems with ATA support?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 12:21:15 EST

À (At) 7:47 -0200 17/01/03, Helvécio Mafra écrivait (wrote) :
>I'm facing lately a whole bunch of -10600 errors, which according to=20
>NewtonOS Error Database is an Attempt to read or write outside of=20
>object bounds. They always occur with NewtWorks when I try to save to=20
>an ATA card.
>
>Could this be because my ATA card is going south or could this be a bug=20=
>
>in ATA Support RC4?

This is more likely a bug in ATA Support.
A disk image would help me a lot to fix it.
Can your mac read PCMCIA cards? Would you agree to send me a disk image?
If so, please make a disk image with disk copy (insert the card, say
ignore, then open disk copy and create a read only not compressed
image) and contact me off-list for sending it to me.
I can also help you recovering data on your card.

I've discovered a bug that corrupts data yesterday. I cannot tell
much about it except that it seems to be linked with separate
transactions. But I don't think this bug generates -10600 alone.
Instead, it makes stores unusable. I'm doing my best to fix it as
soon as possible, so a new release of ATA Support should be available
in a couple of days.

Regards,

Paul

--