[NTLK] Alarm Weirdness ....

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 10:24:39 EST

Greetings.

So here's the scenario:

It's 3:00 AM. My eMate comes on (as usual) -- but instead of coming
on quietly and doing its housekeeping bit, it starts alarming -- you
know, that loud and obnoxious daily alarm.

Thinking quickly, I tap the little x to close the message that went
with this particular alarm, but it started alarming again, with the
same alert -- which, by the way, was one I set for December 23rd, 2011
(don't ask).

Last I checked, it was still 2003, so I guess this was an error of
some sort. :o\

But it gets worse.

After I dismissed the little message that went with that alarm, it
came back again ... and again ... and again ... and -- well, you get
the idea.

Did a soft reset, and somehow got it to stay off for a few minutes --
but it started *again*!

Finally had to do a hard reset; good thing I haven't used it much
since the last backup --!

So, the question is: has anyone experienced anything like this before?
 I thought at first it was the far distant alarm causing the problem,
but my 2100 has an alarm for the same date set, and it hasn't freaked
on me (yet. Mental note: backup the 2100 NOW!!).

Also, even though I ejected the ATA card that was in it before the
system realized it was there (after a soft reset), all the data on the
car was gone (not to worry; good backup of "Buffy" too).

Weird ....

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html