Re: [NTLK] Newt <-> PC connection

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 20:07:02 EST

on 14/01/03 19:13, guillaume at pixelhaus_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> ahhh.. i see, reminds me of the same kind of application i sometime have to
> use to play old DOS games in CGA/EGA mode, slow down your machine because
> otherwise you won't see the evil dudes flying towards you (at warp speed)..
>
> unfortunately, the links this guy lists are dead; searching on google did
> bring it up but mentions it's useless to load this thing on anything faster
> than 700 mhz. damn, i'm at 1.5 ghz, and it's my only machine at home (i do
> have my old 650 mhz sony laptop, but sony in all its wisdom, decided to trash
> the serial ports to force me to get a port replicator, which i didnt get).
>
> setting my serial ports to lower speeds (2400, 4800?) won't do it, eh?

No, but you can run several instances of SlowDown. Plus, if you get the
latest version, I believe there are settings where you can adjust the amount
of 'slowessness'...

-Laurent.

Flyspeck 3 n.: Standard name for any font that is so tiny as to be unreadable (by analogy with names like `Helvetica 10' for 10-point Helvetica). Legal boilerplate is usually printed in Flyspeck 3.