Re: [NTLK] Newt <-> PC connection

From: wmiranda_at_softhome.net
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 19:07:56 EST

guillaume writes:

> I just tried, for the first time since I got my Newt last Saturday, to
> establish a connection between my PC (Win2000 box, NCU 1.0) and my MP
> 130. Connections drop, package transfers come to a dead stop in the
> middle. I'm no IT guy, as I wouldn't be able to say if it's NCU that's
> too old for my OS, or if I'm not settings things up correctly.. but in
> any case, I'm puzzled..

Try running slowdown.exe (which is available on UNNA @ www.unna.org) and run
two instances of the program. Move the sliders on one instance all the way
to the right and on the second instance about 3/4 of the way to the right.
When you launch the program you will hopefully see what I mean about the
sliders. This should slow down your PC enough so that when you launch NCU
it won't interrupt your transfer. At least, that worked for me.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html