Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN Wireless Newton Setup Problems

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 14:15:52 EST

Have you tried connecting to the internet via a
regular ethernet card? You probably don't have all the
NIE packages installed on your Newt. The wireless
driver is only that...drivers for the wireless card,
you will still need all the network connectivity
applications loaded to take advantage of browsing the
internet with your Newt.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "Matthias M. Edrich" <matthias_at_edrich.de> wrote:

> I am having trouble using my wireless card with my
> 2100. A few days ago I
> received a Lucent WaveLAN Silver Turbo 802.11b card
> which I had bought
> through ebay. I installed the driver for it and then
> tried to setup the card
> to work with our university's wireless internet
> system. However, when I make
> a new setup (tapping "internet setup" and then
> "new", "generic") I am not
> presented with an option to select "connect using
> ethernet" - only serial,
> modem, AppleTalk... What am I doing wrong?
>
> Also, what other settings do I need to make in order
> to access our wifi
> network? I use an iBook with Airport and should be
> able to get the important
> information from there, right?
>
> I would be very thankful if you could give me step
> by step instructions!
> :-)))
>
> Thanks!!
>
> - Matthias

=====
May every SPAM you receive magically come true.
 -Spencer F. Katt; eWeek magazine