Re: [NTLK] PDF Converter

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 00:58:40 EST

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:30:03 -0500
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] PDF Converter
> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
>

> On 13/01/03 16:44, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
>
>> Can you imagine, especially now that more and more specific info on the web
>> can only be retrieved in pdf format!
>
> What I have a little hard time to imagine, though, is how well and how fast
> would loading an average pdf file on a Newton would be. PDF files are
> routinely over 1 MB, at least the ones I use...
>
> -Laurent.

My program might not be a good idea for very large PDFs, since my Macintosh
application would convert them to JPGs or bitmaps that might be larger than
the original file. I was thinking more of small files (transit schedules,
reference sheets, brochures, anything that is a dozen or so pages at most.)
The Newton Programming Reference and Guide would definitely NOT be
candidates for this program. The Interconnect Port Reference would be a good
candidate.

Would this still be a useful app?

Eric

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html