Re: [NTLK] Newton Backup Battery

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 01:14:52 EST

on 14/01/03 00:44, eggie chung at eggie100_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> I had a Newton Messagepad 120 for years, and I remember it had a backup
> battery to hold data when the main batteries died. I recently acquired an
> upgraded Messagepad 2000 and noticed that there was no apparent backup battery
> for it. My main batteries had run dry, but after a full charge, I still had
> all my data in tact. Is there a backup battery for the 2X00 models?

No, there isn't. The 2x00 models have a capacitor that will keep the memory
alive for some time.

-Laurent.

foo /foo/ 1. interj. Term of disgust. 2. [very common] Used very generally as a sample name for absolutely anything, esp. programs and files (esp. scratch files). 3. First on the standard list of metasyntactic variables used in syntax examples. See also bar, baz, qux, quux, corge, grault, garply, waldo, fred, plugh, xyzzy, thud.