[NTLK] Newton 2000+ (2100) Package For Sale

From: TT Mooney (ttmooney_at_dilettantism.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 20:33:30 EST

Hi all --

I'm, with some regret, selling my Newton 2100 to finance a trip to
Europe this Winter. Here's what I have:

Apple Newton 2000 upgraded to 2100
NiMH Battery Pack, holds a decent charge
Apple 9W Power Adapter
Apple AA Battery Cage (for alkaline batteries, etc)
Two Apple Aluminium Styli (as originally issued by Apple, often called
a 'titanium' stylus)
One plastic eMate stylus (came with the messagepad)
Serial Interconnect to DB9 adapter with DB9 to DB9 serial cable (for a
Mac)
3Com Megahertz PCMCIA 10mb X-Jack LAN card (3CXE589ET)
WaveLAN Silver Turbo 11mb PCMCIA wireless card (802.11b)

I'd like to sell this to someone who will actually use it. I know the
best price is to part it out on eBay, but I'd rather think of it as
going to a good home. I'll brain wipe it and reinstall the ethernet and
wavelan drivers for whoever buys it.

It seems like 2000+s are going on ebay for $150 (newton, power adapter,
plastic stylus and battery which may or may not hold a charge). Metal
styli are hitting about $30 each, battery cages are about $45, x-jack
ethernet are about $10 and wavelan cards are about $40. So, if i parted
it out on ebay, i should expect around $305.

If someone would like to buy this package off me, i'd be happy to part
with it for $250. Well, not happy, but content -- those plane tickets
are expensive.

I will only accept payment via Paypal, or cash if you're in the SF Bay
Area and want to come over and pick the Newton up. I will, otherwise,
ship via USPS promptly.

Thanks,

Travis

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html