Re: [NTLK] OT---AOL launches in X

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 17:27:58 EST

On 13/01/03 15:33, "Martin Joseph" <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 11:17 Hi!, Bungalow930_at_aol.com wrote:
>
>> Question for X users...I'm using a Wall St. and I love X (no crashes
>> in 4
>> months)! The only glitch is that frequently, AOL will launch
>> unexpectedly
>> and demand my password, even when I've not been online. It will keep
>> doing
>> this obsessively until I either shut down and restart or log on. Any
>> thoughts?
>>
> Get rid of AOL... It's overpriced, they sell your email address to
> every damn spammer on the planet, and they treat the mac like a
> redheaded step child...

I agree. Maybe 4-5 years ago, that would have been a good starter for a
newbie, but now, the internet is so prevalent, there is no need for some
proprietary network, whether it connects to the Internet or not.

-Laurent.

GPL /G-P-L/ n.: Abbreviation for `General Public License' in widespread use;
see copyleft, General Public Virus. Often mis-expanded as `GNU Public
License'.