Re: [NTLK] IrDA Progress

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 16:36:56 EST

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 10:18 , Paul Guyot wrote:

> There might be a misunderstanding. I was thinking about an IrDA
> dock-capable application on MacOS X. IrDA works on MacOS, but on OS
> X, there is no IrDA framework that provides LMP as far as I know.
> Since I don't have any IrDA capable device except my Newtons, I
> didn't dig that.

Ok, I also don't have any IrDA hardware for testing... I think however
that there are people using it with their cell phones - it might be a
TiBook-only thing.

> There is something weird here, they register their object as ("1"
> "Modem"), which means that if there are two cards, it won't work.
>
> But apparently, you might be able to use any string since you need to
> pass it to the Newton Communication Stack as an option.

That might be the last missing piece in the whole picture: How exactly
do I register with the Comm Stack? My idea was to register via the
PSerialChipRegistry class, using a new hwLoc id. That hwLoc id would
then be added to the ModemLocations array...

Eckhart

PS: There are many functions missing from the jump tables in
CardGlue.a.o, is there somewhere an updated version for 2.0/2.1?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html