Re: [NTLK] OT---AOL launches in X

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 15:51:39 EST

This could mean one of several things.
1) you open an application that needs to connect to
the internet for some reason
2) you open your email viewer and it wants to connect
to the internet for an update of email
3) You clicked on a weblink in a document or something
4) you have a virus application that is attempting to
update it's virus library
5) you have a virus

most likely it is some kind of automated update trying
to grab a latest file from the author...You may have
told a financial program to automatically grab tax
tables, or a virus program to automatically grab virus
defs or something similar...check with all the running
apps you have and attempt to identify is any of them
may need to connect to the net for any specific
reason.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)
--- Bungalow930_at_aol.com wrote:
> Question for X users...I'm using a Wall St. and I
> love X (no crashes in 4
> months)! The only glitch is that frequently, AOL
> will launch unexpectedly
> and demand my password, even when I've not been
> online. It will keep doing
> this obsessively until I either shut down and
> restart or log on. Any
> thoughts?
>
> John
> Pasadena, CA

=====
May every SPAM you receive magically come true.
 -Spencer F. Katt; eWeek magazine