[NTLK] nSync

From: José Luis Moro (jose.moro_at_epost.de)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 10:06:08 EST

Hi all,

can anyone be so kind to tell me why I can't connect my Newton (u2000=20
with pix-accelerator) to Jaguar 10.2.3 on a TiPB G4?

1. Newton is put on a separate Internet Setup:

Configuration: Manual
Card: Farallon Enet PC Card
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Local IP Address: ...
Gateway/Router Adress: ***here comes the IP-Address which nSync shows***
Primary DNS/name server Address: ...
Domain Name: None

2. I start nSync on the PB. I start nSync on the Newt and copy the=20
IP-Adress on the dialog field to the slip of nSync on the Newt.=20
Connection mode is put on TCP/IP. AppleTalk is activated on the PB.=20
Pix-accelerator is disconnected in order to establish the=20
AppleTalk-connection.

3. I press the nSync-connect-button on the Newt.

4. The connection slip appears. I press connect.

5. After that the candy bar of death keeps spinning on my TiBook and=20
after a minute the Newt shows a slip telling: "NewtSync: Couldn't=20
connect to the specified address".

What am I doing wrong? I reset the Newton to no avail. I am aware this=20=

should work, but probably I am missing something.

Thanks in advance

Jos=E9 Luis=20
 =20=

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html