Re: [NTLK] German Phone line Compatibility

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 13:14:53 EST

I believe that most places in Europe use the same voltages in their phone
lines, but they don't use a solid dialtone. So if you disable dialtone
detection on the modem (there's an AT command to do this) it should work
fine. Note that there are other regulations and such you might have to
follow. A long time ago I gave someone in Europe my old 9600bps modem
(I had upgraded to a 14.4) and they used it just by making this change.
That was in Yugoslavia.

-Victor