Re: [NTLK] Duplicate Names Mystery

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 10:11:30 EST

On 08/01/03 10:02, "wmiranda_at_softhome.net" <wmiranda_at_softhome.net> wrote:

> I noticed that most if not all of the names that I had filed in a folder
> called "Personal" were duplicated in the unfiled folder. Only names in the
> Personal folder were duplicated. How might I have done this? It certainly
> wasn't intentional. I looked but did not see anything in the archive.
> Perhaps it is user error. I just wanted to make sure that something bigger
> than me was not at work here.

Is it possible that you did a hard reset and restored the system information
from a backup? Or deleted your "Personal" folder maybe?

-Laurent.

Great Renaming n.: The flag day in 1987 on which all of the non-local groups
on the Usenet had their names changed from the net.- format to the current
multiple-hierarchies scheme. Used esp. in discussing the history of
newsgroup names. "The oldest sources group is comp.sources.misc; before the
Great Renaming, it was net.sources." There is a Great Renaming FAQ on the
Web.