Re: [NTLK] Forum

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 18:56:29 EST

>From: "Steve Vander Ark" <vderark_at_bccs.org>

>that's found around here. You do realize, don't you, that this keeps =
>coming
>up because there is a real problem with this list for some of us? But as =
>you
>so clearly and firmly state, this is the end of the discussion, so you =
>can
>relax now.

Have you read the many suggestions about vacation mode? And the HTML
reply-to link in the web page HTML archive etc?

1) set vacation mode (send an email to the listserv)
2) skim the online archive once a week or whatever floats your boat:
 <http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/>
3) when you see a subject that interests you, hit the "respond to this
message" link. Or just email to the list if you have something to say
anyway, you'r enot blocked from sending when in vacation mode.

I'm not sure how there is a difference between this and Yahoo online web
forums, except it's minus the ads, minus the spam, and minus the tables.
You can thread by author, date, subject, (and attachment, too, if you don't
want to see ANY messages :)

Why does this not work for you?

>Steve Vander Ark
>Having to get used to being a pariah, I suppose

I'd go for martyr myself, the current Pope makes saints like crazy :)

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html