Re: [NTLK] [[OT]] Jagwire SCSI woes

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_ruprecht.org)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 16:13:53 EST

Hi Scott,

you need to make sure that the device is actually configured as LUN 0 and=
 that=20
the SCSI ID is unique.
Another area you have to look into is that the device only has terminatin=
g=20
resistors installed (or the terminator jumper set) if it indeed the last=20
device in the SCSI cable. If you plugged it in after the previous last=20
device, make sure to disable termination on the previous device. SCSI is=20
pretty fuzzy about it's terminators and you might see all kinds of funny=20
things when it's not done properly.

IOSCSIParallel is not really SCSI. I think this is how IOmega mimics SCSI=
 to=20
run a parallel port ZIP drive. I doubt that your "real" SCSI CD drive wil=
l=20
work on that.

What other SCSI devices do you have connected to that port? Check the ZIP=
=20
drive, if that's what you have. If it says something about parallel port,=
=20
then the CD drive will not work. If the ZIP drive has a little switch whi=
ch=20
lets you select device 5 or 6 (only those two) then you have a real SCSI =
ZIP=20
drive, and then the CD drive should work on the same port.

Let me know if this didn't address the problem (yet), in which case I wil=
l try=20
and think a little harder ;).

Chris

On Monday 06 January 2003 15:58, scotty technoir wrote:
> hello gang, once again i need some drive setup help! *sigh*
> i just acquired an external Procom PCDR-4x [yamaha cdr-100] burner, and
> stuck it onto my scsi chain. All other drives still function, but the
> system will not "see" the new drive. This is under 10.2.3. Disk Utility
> cannot see it. System Profiler lists 8 "Bus" entries named
> IOSCSIParallelDevice with various scsi "lun" numbers [0-7]. After some
> googling and google-grouping, it seems that OS X is sometimes twitchy
> with scsi stuff. there are fixes for ext hard drives and scanners, but
> nothing that relates to my problem. so as always, as a last resort, i
> turn to the gentle folks of NTLK to loan some insight. any takers??
>
> beige G3, chipped to 292/83, Jag 10.2.3, 256MB
> scsi product name: CDR100
> scsi target: 3
> scsi product revision: 1.08
> scsi Lun: [0-8]
> scsi vendor name YAMAHA
> scsi device type: 4
>
> thanks for reading, sorry for the O/T
>
> your pal,
>
> scotty technoir

--=20
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html