Re: [NTLK] Forum

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 19:51:27 EST

>>Larent wrote:
>>
>>I don't understand. What do you mean by a "group"?
>
>Steve Vander Ark wrote in reply*
>
>A Yahoo group, for example. At one time, there was a
>group set up for this list as a backup in case the list
>went down.
>
>When you join a group, you specify whether you'd like to
>receive each post as email or if you'd like to read them
>online, in a format similar to a forum.

<Big snip>

Steve, we already have the following three options with Newtontalk.

A. List Mode: Receive the individual messages.

B. Digest Mode: Receive the digest.

C. Vacation Mode: Set yourself to Vacation Mode. In this mode, you
will not receive any messages or digest. However, you can still browse
and reply to the messages in the archive at www.newtontalk.net -- very
similar to a forum.

Hope this helps.

Sushi