Re: [NTLK] Memory board

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 19:59:06 EST

>> Did you ever tried that mezzanine memory board on a MP2000???
>> It has a flash chip!! Could you made a couple of scans of it? or you
>> passed it to Grant?

> Nope, you will have to check that out with Frank Gruendel,
> the king of all things 120/130. He has it all that gear under
> examination these days. How about it Frank? I did hang on to the
> pager cards, just in case Ed is wrong (again?). ha ha.

I do have this card, and one of the first things I did when I got Dale's package
is...
... drive to the hospital. Because the day before my daughter had to go to the
hospital unexpectedly.
When she was (thank God) well again, one of the first things I did was rip one
of my 2100's apart and plug the board in. Mechanically, it fits perfectly. The up side is
that installing it doesn't kill the Newton, and you see no smoke or feel excessive
heat when you switch it on. The down side is that this card currently does exactly
nothing. The Newton doesn't power up as long as it is plugged in, no type of
reset helps.

When I have a bit more time (haha...), I plan to do a thorough comparison to the
standard ROM board. Maybe I can get it to work. Maybe not. But if I do, you
guys and gals will be the first who know it.

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html