[NTLK] Battery Problem (Hopefully)

From: Matthew Waldinger (mynewt_at_adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 17:15:05 EST

I'm having a serious problem with my upgraded MP2ooo. When running on battery, if I twist or press on the lower right hand corner of the Newt, the power shuts off and the screen goes blank. When I can finally get the MP to turn back on, it informs me that the system restarted because the battery was dead, even if I have a fully charged pack. This only happens when I am running on
battery, I can't get it to occur if the power supply is plugged in. It's a very frustrating problem, as I have to be extremely careful how I hold or carry it and then if I did it the wrong way, I have to wait while all my packages reactivate before I can do anything. I'm really hoping that this is a problem with my battery pack and not my Newton. My next Newton purchase is going to be a AA battery tray, so hopefully I can run experiments with a different pack. If anyone else has experienced these symptoms, could you let me Know what you found out, or if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.
Thanks,
Matt
This message written & sent using a Newton MessagePad 2100. www.newtontalk.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html