Re: [NTLK] Buying a battery from J&K Sales?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 15:05:06 EST

on 1/3/03 2:29 PM, txgitarman_at_attbi.com at txgitarman_at_attbi.com wrote:
> Does sitting on a shelf in a box for years deplete the battery's capacity
> to hold a charge?
    I have a box of 'new' OMP battery packs that would say yes. However, the
OMP cells are NiCDs and 2100 packs are NiMH cells. I'm not sure what the
shelf life of NiMH cells is, but you've got to figure that any 'new' packs
are at least 5 years old (the OMP packs I have are about 9 years old).
    However, I did get a couple of 'new' Apple 2100 packs a year ago and
they are still going strong _ so the ones you're looking at may have some
life left in them.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html