Re: [NTLK] Testimonial: I wanted to give a plug for some great Newton repair guys...

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 00:25:36 EST

NOW that is the kind of stuff we love to hear about. thanx for the info and glad to hear it went so good.
LAG

 Doug Fraser <def57_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:I didn't know it was possible anymore to get a Newton serviced or
repaired since Apple quit making them in 1998 but my Kharma compelled me
to shout out
to any other Newton people like me that if you drop your Newton and
crack the screen like I did, don't become a basket case or have a
coronary....there are some awesome guys at:
GEM Enterprises, Inc.
billing_at_gementerprises.com
(856) 486-1297
fax: (856) 486-1298
Ebay ID: ILUVMYGTO
Yahoo ID: wwwgementerprisescom
that can repair it with great fast service and get it back to you as
good as new with several grades of used screens.
I requested a mint condition screen for my MP 2100 and mint is exactly
what I got! They also have other parts and repair capabilities for
Newtons (I bought a stylus as well)
Prices were very reasonable for parts and labor and Chris B. kept my
blood pressure down with his constant email updates on my 2nd brain's
status throughout
the whole ordeal. The biggest blessing was that they were able to
preserve my data "imprisoned" on the unit after it was broken.

on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate them a 10+.

Thanks GEM,

Doug Fraser