[NTLK] DaVinci keyboard hardware hack?

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 21:00:06 EST

I have a DaVinci PDA with a _very nice keyboard.

I would like to hack the keyboard to work with a
newton.

Only problem is my knowledge of electronics is like
high school level.

Here are the pinouts:
http://www.ele.uva.es/~jesus/davinci/

I presume this is not possible because the newton runs
under 5v and the davinci under 3.3v. I also presume it
is not possible because the pinouts are just too
different.

But I am hoping that Stefanie Maks or Frank Gruendel
could prove me wrong (or at least tell me that it is
not possible).

The DaVinci keyboard is easy access, ordinary screws,
and has six wires which lead into its non-standard
female connector. The newt also has six wires. But the
voltages are different.

Anyway ideas are appreciated - the DaVinci keyboard is
small, quiet, and really aesthetically pleasing. The
PDA itself is not so bad and as you can see all the
hardware info (except the keyboard) is available.

Thanks!

=====
Secret trials, indefinite arrest without warrant nor notice to one's family, restrictions of the right to counsel, military tribunals and restrictions of the press are the hallmarks of dictatorship.

My Web sites:
http://www.lexnet.bravepages.com/ind.htm (law)
http://www.geocities.com/newtontechspecs (Newton)