Re: [NTLK] first real problem

From: Nicolas Krizan (nico_at_mbox309.swipnet.se)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 16:16:07 EST

Hello

I've been using my MP2000 for well over a year now (nothing complicated,
just light and basic stuff) without any trouble whatsoever. A couple of
weeks ago my memory card accidentally came unmounted while I was carrying
around the Newton. I put the card back in, switched the Newton on and got
a strange error message concerning NewtonWorks and drawings. I tried to
make a new drawing in Works and the machine immediately froze. After
restarting there's a drawing in Works which cannot be opened, Newton
hangs every time I try. The drawing function is obviously not functioning
anymore, but otherwise Works seems to be all right. Software stored on
the card can be used without any problems.

What has happened, and what can I do about it? First of all I want to get
rid of the annoying =BBUntitled drawing=AB, secondly I would of course like=

to get the drawing fuction back into shape without destroying any info on
my Newt.

If the solution is in the faq, please say so and I will look there.

kind regards/nicolas

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html