Re: [NTLK] Newt Was Stolen!

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 00:28:53 EST

Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:

> on 12/31/02 5:57 PM, Glen Warner at gdwarner_at_mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> Neeldess to say, I closed the account associated with the checks as
>> soon as I found they were gone -- yet I still got charged for the
>> things they bought.
>
> That's weird. We had checks stolen, and we went to the bank to see
what
> to do. They closed our account, and gave us a new one, and wrote
> down the range of checks, so that they would bounce, and we would
> not got charged for any purchases on them. I don't even know
> if anybody tried...

That was my plan --! :o\ The credit company said they needed me to
provide a whole bunch of paperwork (range of checks, etc.) to get it
off my record, but since I had never opened the checks, I couldn't say
what the range was, so I just gave them the police report number.
Don't recall if it was good enough, but probably not.

> --
> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland

--gdw