Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 22:07:31 PST

Il me semble que le 1/3/03 à 00:13 +0100, Heiko Cultus nous racontait:
>After a man tcpdump (I am new to this :) I think Delivery sends on en0
>and not on en1. Could this be the problem?

Er, are you sure that mDNS packets (5353) aren't sent on both interfaces?
We don't act at this level on the Mac. Instead, everything is dealt
by the system. We just tell it: please register this ZeroConf service.

There could be a bug in the system (heh, not the first one on MacOS
X), but it's not very likely at this very part of it.

tcpdump can only listen to one interface. To watch a particular
interface, you need to pass the -i option to tcpdump.

But you might have found that out.

Is your iMac configured to act as a base station for other computers?

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/