Re: [NTLK] [OT] Problems with airport

From: Jameson Forster (jamesonforster_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 19:52:03 PST

My home set-up has problems with airport. I have a cable modem that
goes through a palmrouter (to serve as protection). To the router I
connect a printer, two Macs, and an airport. Three computers connect
through the airport to the router. I also occasionally have the Newton
wirelessly connected. The problem is that the computers using the
airport will loose connection to the hub, requiring that child or my
wife, to go to the airport and reset it (by unplugging it). I assume
that somewhere there is a limited number of assignments (correct term)
and that the affected computer looses access to the router when another
gets it. Is there anything that I can do to change that problem? The
router says its has a hundred different assignments. Thanks for help.
jf

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html