Re: [NTLK] rom-swapping between 2x00/eMate and 130

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 11:43:32 PST

On 28/02/03 13:50, "David Thiel" <lx-newton_at_redundancy.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:39:41PM -0600, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
>>> I may do that - my main worry was the incompatbility between
>>> accessories. I know the battery packs won't work, but I also have
>>> a charging cradle and AC adapter for the 130, I'm assuming these
>>> also don't work with the mp2100? Also, the stylii I have look to
>>> be different from the one the 2100 has, will it still fit inside
>>> the body somewhere, or would I have to carry separate?
>>
>> AC adaptor will work, but won't quickcharge.
>
> Sorry, does that mean that it won't charge the battery at all, or is
> there some other "quickcharge" feature that the AC adaptors for the
> 2100s have?

It means that since the earlier generation power adapter are delivering less
power to the MP, it takes longer to recharge the battery, but it will
recharge it eventually. With the 2nd generation adapter, that came with the
2x00 and eMate, it would take about an hour to recharge the battery pack,
where it can take 2-3 hours with the older adapter.

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html