Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 23:43:46 PST

Il me semble que le 28/2/03 à 02:33 -0500, Laurent Daudelin nous racontait:
>I've been unable to get AppleTalk to work. Although I was not sure if I had
>to install the specific Dock provided with the binaries. Do we have to
>install it, Paul? After some preliminary discussions, I thought that the
>initial goal was to support the dock as it is on the Newton and just
>implement the libraries on the desktop. Am I missing something?

You're right. That's why we provide AppleTalk. We'll add serial with
MNP compression in the near future since on MacOS X, AppleTalk means
EtherTalk (unless you have an adapter) and to use it you need
Ethernet Drivers on the Newton.

Maybe we'll have IrDA one day if someone with capable-hardware works on it.

But the Dock on the Newton cannot do TCP/IP natively (and of course
ZeroConf). Hence the Dock extension (coming in English, French and
Czech, I think it's the first Czech-localized program for NewtonOS).
And you can install it with Delivery with AppleTalk ;)

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/