[NTLK] rom-swapping between 2x00/eMate and 130

From: David Thiel (lx-newton_at_redundancy.redundancy.org)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 20:35:40 PST

So I have a MP130, and I'd really like to be able to get the thing
online, use the WaveLAN drivers, etc, and I don't want to shell out
for a 2100. I was eLooking at a broken eMate on eBay, and was
wondering if I could grab the rom from that and put it into the 130
to get NOS 2.1 and be able to use all this fancy stuff. Has anyone
tried anything like this in the past? What's the difficulty factor, and
is there anything that would be lacking?

Thanks,
David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html