Re: [NTLK] eMate advice

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 15:02:42 PST

Hi Woo,

> Well, we have two eMates at work. One heavily used, one mildly used. So
> far no problems with either, even with constant movement carried by the
> screen cover.

It's age that does for the hinges not the amount of use they get. As the
grease dries out the friction increases and the springs are gradually worked
loose. You cannot tell that this is happening from moving the screen.

The only sure way to avoid the problem is to clean and lube the hinges -
that way you can use it all you like and not worry.

Joel.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html