[NTLK] A moment of weakness

From: Philip Halsey (phalsey_at_provide.net)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 12:07:23 PST

Dear Newtontalkers,

Recently I had some trouble with my 2100. It got zapped with static
electricity and lost data and needed a hard restart. Happened twice
(you'd think I'd learn after the first time). Anyway, those problems
along with backup difficulties, plus the size factor, plus the screen
brightness (or lack thereof compared to new PDAs) led me off the Newton
path. I bought a Palm m515, some software, and a folding keyboard.

I hate it. Oh, I like the screen and the keyboard and the ease of
backing up info. But the software is kludgey and doesn't work smooth,
and I can't find what I want that works with my desktop iMac. Entering
appointments and to dos doesn't work as well as on the Newt, and
Graffiti STINKS!

Im back with my 2100. It feels great. I don't care that the screen is
occasionally tough to read or that I don't have color. I don't care
that it is bigger. I love it.

In addition, the Newton community has always been helpful to the max and
always willing to assist me in my questions. You people are the best.

Phil Halsey
Ida, MI

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html