Re: [NTLK] eMate advice

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 04:37:01 PST

Well, we have two eMates at work. One heavily used, one mildly used. So
far no problems with either, even with constant movement carried by the
screen cover. But if an 'easy' fix becomes available I'll do both of ours
and offer any help to our LANUG Members.
------------------
>I have a pristine eMate that I have become reluctant to use because of the
>dreaded "hinge springs" problem. I don't know one end of a soldering iron
>from another. Recent posts report fixing the springs without soldering.
>
>I am curious whether the eMate gurus, like Woo and Robert and others, have
>fixed their eMate springs or have an opinion about this issue.
>
>Best wishes,
>Jim

!ooW %-) www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html