Re: [NTLK] Newton Instant Messaging

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 16:08:49 PST

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 06:12:48PM -0500, David Deranian wrote:
> I understand that with NewtJabber you have to set everything up on your
> Mac or PC before you can get things working on the Newton. Beyond
> having a pre-existing AOL IM account, what else do you need to have set
> up on your desktop for Newtjabber to work on the Newton?

You do need to set up a lot beforehand on a PC of some sort, as the
NewtJabber client doesn't manage the services list on its own. After
this is done, (and getting throught the hurdle of learning the Jabber
metaphor) it does work, and one can indeed communicate with AIM users.

--
43. I will maintain a healthy amount of skepticism when I capture the beautiful
    rebel and she claims she is attracted to my power and good looks and will