Re: [NTLK] serial ports (eg #3) questions

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 11:03:42 PST

On Monday 24 February 2003 12:35, Victor Rehorst wrote:
> Karel Jansens wrote:
> > I kinda like the UN*X way of text-based configuration files. They are
> > usually pretty transparent and quite easy to set up. Of course, if I
> > upgrade now I could always make a few shell-scripts, but for a program
> > like unixnpi, which doesn't tend to have changing parameters all that
> > often, a config file is a little bit easier.
>
> You can always do something like:
>
> alias unixnpi='unixnpi -s 57600 -d /dev/newton'
>
> in your login script.

Of course. But wouldn't that be just too geeky?

BTW, I tried the 230400 bps package. The results are somewhat mixed: /if/
the handshaking pans out nicely, the speed is breathtakingly fast, but
I've encountered two occasions where the Newt refused to connect (probably
scared of all those bytes lining up at the other end :) ). I'll stick with
115200 for now.

Does anyone know of an RTF import-export utility for Linux?

--
Jazz.
NEW SIG-LINE EXPECTED REAL SOON!!!!!!