[NTLK] Ebay Success story & 1parts Emate to dismantle/sell

From: Andrew Shooner (shooner.3_at_osu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 21:54:23 PST

Hi all,

Ok, I had to share this. I bid on 3 "parts" emates (as a package deal)
on ebay, and got them for like $125 total.
Well, it turns out that 2 of them were fine, just needed ac adapters
for power.
The third has a cracked display, but i have no reason to expect
anything else wrong with it. It also has an intact
display ribbon. So now I have 1 parts emate minus display and ribbon, 1
emate for me, 1 emate for my roomate ( very quickly becoming a newton
convert) and 1 more totally functional one. So unfortunately for those
of you who have shown interest in the display ribbon/display, I don't
have one available. But, I suppose I could sell off the motherboard and
the rest of the pieces, though I would rather just sell it to someone
who has a display and ribbon without the rest of the emate (though i
doubt that I'll find anyone like that.)

Anyway, anyone have ac adaptors to sell (Josh i know you mentioned you
had one or two) also what kind of price should i be looking for for an
adapter?
I must of had some wicked good Apple karma to score this deal. Looking
back, I think it was surviving my Performa 6220 running OS 8.

Andy S

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html