Re: [NTLK] eMate advice

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 17:18:44 PST

on 23/02/03 17:01, Brian Mayton at bmayton_at_mac.com wrote:
[snip!]
> In my opinion, the soldering/desoldering method is the safer technique,
> since you don't have to worry about fishing cables around and trying to
> hold the motherboard up while you unscrew the speaker.

OK, I will admit I didn't pay much attention to this thread since, until
recently, I was missing a video cable for my eMate. Now that I've got a good
video cable, I'm thinking at replacing the one that is punctured in my
eMate, and make sure the hinge problem won't punch the cable anymore. I
haven't checked the instructions that some nice people did put out on the
web, but do I understand from that initial post that some soldering is
required? Not that I'm afraid to do it, I just want to be in the right state
of the mind whenever I got time to open the eMate...

-Laurent.

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html