Re: [NTLK] Fried Newton on eBay for $250

From: Michael Schaefer (mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 01:11:05 PST

I bid on a broken 2100 lasy year which I thought would be good for parts or
to see if I could between it and my working 2000 get a 2100. Well, I ended
up in a bidding war for the thing with a guy i believe didn't realise it was
broken until after he had made a number of bids for the unit. I managed to
secure the unit and while it was broken. I found that the Appletalk/Serial
Transciever has been damaged and was dragging the Voltage rails down. A
simple SMd reemoval got the unit running albeit without Serial. I couldn't
manage to buy one of the chips so I just recently bought a 2x00 motherbaord
from GEM which with any luck will get it going. Of course by now the cost
has reached levels of buying a working 2000 from GEM but I have a 2100 and
had thge fun of fault finding it. I even managed to impress my boss by
finding the fault and getting the unit running thus far.

Michael

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html