Re: [NTLK] Driver for WaveLAN Turbo 11Mb Silver

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 21:59:25 PST

on 22/02/03 23:06, Andrew Shlapak at divise_at_earthlink.net wrote:

>> I have followed these steps but am unable to establish a connection
>> between the WaveLan card and Airport. I select Other Computer " and the
>> Newton screen shows that it is searching for the other computer, but
>> never finds it. The top (left) light on the card comes on and the other
>> light blinks, but that's as far as I get.
>
> In order to connect to an AirPort network with a non-AirPort you have
> to enter the AirPort "code" for connecting w/a non-AirPort device...
> This is an approx. 10 digit HEX number given on one of the AirPort
> Admin app's pages. Also, the number is shown with lower case HEX alpha
> characters - these are not recognized as HEX alpha characters - only
> UPPER case A thru F are hexidecimal. HTH

Also, according to my experience and the experience of others, it appears
that you can't enable WEP at this time as there is a problem with the
driver. I'm not sure if TCP/IP access works but AppleTalk won't if you
enable WEP or if you can't connect at all...

-Laurent.

copy protection n.: A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates
from stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered
silly.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html