Re: [NTLK] What about the eMate?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 13:17:49 PST

> There was initially some uncertainty about the eMate since SJ was
> clearly
> quoted that computers should have keyboard. (which makes sense if
> you're a
> command line kind of guy ;-) But turned out that the eMate was killed
> at the
> same time.

You know, I see this quote come up from time to time, even today;
people *still* try to use it to divine the secrets of forthcoming (or
not forthcoming) Apple products. And I can't help but smirk...isn't is
possible that this was just an off-the-cuff smartass remark, and not
some deeply defining insight into his personal philosophy on computing?

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html