[NTLK] nethopper query

From: ben mccorkle (mccorkle.12_at_osu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 16:45:47 PST

all--

in my attempts to get this green brick rolling along the information
superhighway (does anyone even say that anymore?), i've hit a stumbling
block. i'm trying to dial up via modem card, and i've double-checked my
internet setup specs. when i crank up nethopper (a new install, and hence
no cache) and click on one of the links, i dial in, appear to get a
handshake, and just when that "page-is-loading" status bar shows up...

*poof!*

the newton shuts off and resets every time, and i get a "system error has
occurred" error message (no number). has anyone experienced a similar
mishap? how should i fix/troubleshoot it? my apologies if this is a well
worn topic (i checked the FAQ and briefly searched thru the list archives
with no luck). if it is, could someone point me to the appropriate link?

TIA,
ben mccorkle

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html