[NTLK] MP130 - MP120

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 16:03:18 PST

>> I just picked up a MP130 in great shape, but unfortunately the
backlight
>> does not seem to work, in very dark conditions I can see a very

> Open 'extras', check 'memory info.', make sure it's a true 130.
Couple of
> years ago, some people were selling 130's when they actually sold 130
> bodies with 120 innards. Just in case.

> Does the following listing mean that this person has a 120 or a 130?
My 130
> (with backlight) states the same amount of RAM.

If the machine has backlight, no matter whether it is bright or dim, it
is a
130. The 120 doesn't have the hardware for driving a backlight on its
mainboard.

There were 120's that were modified by Digital Ocean in a way that they
had backlight, too, the electronics for that (a slim pcb board) lived
in the pen slot, and the backlight was switched on by a switch located
where the pen normally is.

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html