[NTLK] Application want (or if it exists, where?)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 11:09:55 PST

My group at work just got a scrolling LED marquee
board that alerts us to problems out on our server
farm. A friend was saying that the marquee can be
updated via a USB connection to a CE device (it's
connected to our internal network via ethernet, but
it's only a matter of time before we hack it)
That got me thinking. Is there an application for the
Newt that will scroll a banner like message in marquee
format with the Newt in landscape mode? Basically what
I would like to see is a dialog box to enter your
phrase, select font and style, select scroll speed and
letter height. Then hit "GO" and the phrase would
scroll a marquee banner in landscape mode. What would
be really, really cool is if this marquee app could
like to the "todos" app and scroll any todos that have
matured.
Hmmm, just me wishing, that's all.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new subdomain)

=====
"A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by the impudent core of effete snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals"
 - Spiro Agnew, 1970