Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth on Newt

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 09:57:57 PST

Quoting Sonya Hipper <sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net>:

> Hi all...
>
> I realize this is a resurrection of an old topic, but with the recent (to
> me) revelation that someone was working on a free ObEx stack for
> IrDA/IrCOMM, I was just wondering how much effort it would be to add
> bluetooth functionality to that stack.

IrDA is a tangled web, to say the least. OBEX is merely an object exchange
protocol. In the case of Palm, Newton, cell phones etc. we want to use OBEX
on top of IrDA, which in this case actually refers to a few other layers of
protocols on top of each other. I could run OBEX over TCP/IP if I wanted to.

So it's not OBEX that's a problem, but writing a driver for Bluetooth hardware
and then figuring out how to integrate it into the Newton world.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html