Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #98

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 21:41:37 PST

Quoting Andrew Thiel <aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu>:

> On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 05:09 PM, stevejobs_at_newtontalk.net
> wrote:
> > Try it with the last period removed.
> > http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/newtondose.htm
>
> Has anyone else wondered about this?
>
> "I got the keyboard working connected to the third serial port!"
>
> I knew it had 2 serial ports, but 3?
> Maybe it's just a typo.

Not a typo. More accurately, this is serial channel 3. The Newton (2x00) has
four (potentially) serial interfaces. #0 is the one on the dongle or SER-001
that we all know and love. #1 and #2 are reserved for modem cards in the
upper or lower PCMCIA slots, respectively, and #3's pins are on the
interconnect port but has never been implemented for anything.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html