Re: [NTLK] Stowaway keyboard connector

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 10:47:32 PST

Quoting Donald Wilson <marchie_at_mac.com>:

> Is there a source that we can get the palm-side connectors for use with the
> Stowaway keyboards? I kinda like the idea of rotating the screen so SER-001
> is down, and slipping a docking adapter onto it, and having the newt be
> "docked" to the keyboard, standing up kinda the way Palms do.

Some people are working on it. That's really all I can say right now...
hopefully we will be able to put something together so that people can get
connectors and/or cables for these keyboards. Be patient :)

As for using the Stowaway as a stand... I don't think the little wire stand on
that keyboard would be able to support the weight of a 2x00, especially when
the battery would be at the opposite end, shifting the centre of gravity way
up. More than likely the whole thing would tip over with the Newton on the
table and the keyboard sticking up into the air (or worse - too much stress on
the Newton == broken interconnect ports...)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html