Re: [NTLK] Names Application Help Needed

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 01:06:25 PST

on 14-02-2003 5:42, DDenby_at_aol.com at DDenby_at_aol.com wrote:

> It is definitely the NOS system that has become corrupt. I took the card to
> another Newton and the soup data was fine and everything worked fine -- new
> and filing systems. So the question is, how to reinstall the NOS 2.1? As I
> recall, everytime I have done a complete brainwipe in the past, the NOS was
> not affected.

After you followed Jon's excellent advice you can backup (twice if you're a
careful person) and restore. Maybe without the system info in your case.

There's no way to reinstall the system since it's in ROM, but this way
you'll bring it back to it's original state. You'll have to reenter your
serial numbers again though, so make sure you've got them.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html