Re: [NTLK] Thank you for all the repies!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 13:45:43 PST

on 2/12/03 4:12 PM, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_usa.net wrote:
> Well, I hacked a driver for the Etherlink III, as well as tried an
> already-hacked driver--same thing. Under OS 9.2.2, I got a bomb on restart,
> and on the next restart, a flashing question mark--the system was corrupted.
> :-( I gave up after the third try.
    Ah, 9.2.2 ... I think the drivers are dead meat after 8.6. The hacked
Farallon driver was based on the 1.1 version of the installer, which I
believe failed under OS9 and possibly it was a version of OS8 that it failed
under. Proxim has a different driver (version 2.2) for the Farallon cards
that works up to and including OS9. You might try using that installer and
then dropping the hacked 3Com driver on the system folder.
http://www.proxim.com/support/all/maccard/software/dl2001-09-10b.html

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html