Re: [NTLK] Utilities, Applications

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 10:25:23 PST

* Peter H. Coffin <hellsop_at_ninehells.com> [11 Feb 2003 20:30]:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 07:18:51PM -0800, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:
> > However, it is the canonical "bingely-bingely-beep" as uttered by Mr.
> > Pratchett himself, so I couldn't pass it up.
>
> Think he'd mind if you shared?

Probably not. However, I'd have to either find the package (hm, it may
be on the old LC575) or convince my computer and my newton to play nice
with each other so I can get it off my newton. (Ever since I got my new
computer, I've been having trouble. Sometimes newtonlink will make the
connection, but when transferring a package it'll crap out and I won't
be able to connect again until I wave a dead chicken over it while
dancing under the new moon.)

Does anybody know of a linux equivalent of slowdown.exe - or should I
just start a huge povray render while I'm running newtonlink?

Or, if you have a .wav -> newton sound file converter, you can do what I
did (well, ok, what my boyfriend did) and download the original and
convert it. I think it was on lspace.org somewhere. This was a couple
of years ago, so it may not be there anymore. I'll see if I can find
it.

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project